Are you all watching Humsafar ? Let us say this, if you are a woman and if you have not seen Fawad Khan yet , then something doesn't sound right. That's right ladies, the swoon meter hits the max with Fawad Khan. But his looks aside, I feel there are many things which make "Humsafar" a memorable watch. The lead couple did such a wonderful job that we almost believe that Khirad and Asher are real life couple! The amazing chemistry between the two, their good looks , their acting and of course all the sweet romantic moments between the two make the serial a hit. The story itself is not that great because it lacks originality. Any girl who has grown up on Mills and Boon diet can tell the story backward! Yep it is that predictable. What I really like about the serial is that it actually has a ending , unlike our great soaps which go on and on for years with wafer thin plots. So we must take this as a cue and start doing something similar here.
Although the serial is very good, I feel the way they rushed the ending was not correct. They jam packed all the accusations, redemption, apologies in one last episode. Somehow Khirad forgiving Asher in one scene seemed almost ridiculous. Here is a lady who has suffered hardships for four years and the sole reason for her hardships was this man Asher who simply didn't trust his wife. He believed every tom , dick and harry but his wife! How can any woman forgive such a man in one scene? Second absurd thing was the coincidence of Asher eavesdropping on his mom's conversation. He reading Khirad's letter and immediately listening to his mom's conversation with Khizar seemed too stretched. Asher, goes back to pick Khirad but hardly opens his mouth. He says , Hareem wants her mom and that's why he has come here.Hello? You came to know the biggest truth of your life. Is this the way you react?
So here is the way I would have ended the serial if I were the director/writer.
1. When Khizar comes to Asher to confess his mistake and expose Asher's mom , I would have made Asher listen to him. This would have two-fold effect. Asher , who is already missing Khirad , would have had heart melt to listen to anybody who can absolve Khirad of her sins. And he listening to Khizar would have made the audience have a soft corner for him. And yes Khizar still deserves that slap he gets from Asher. So the slap stays !
2. After this Asher goes straight to Khirad and ask for an apology and asks her to come back with him. She disagrees and blames him for all her miseries and tells him that she can never forgive him. Asher promises her that he will never try to get close to her again, till she agrees to take him back.But for the sake of Hareem , let them both stay together at least. This way Hareem wont miss her mum and dad. Asher goes down on his knees and begs her to forgive him and come back. At this point I would make Khirad agree to come back , but not forgive Asher.
3. Asher takes Khirad back to the house, where he has the confrontation scene with his mom. I would keep the scene as it is , except for the part where he says that he would have divorced his wife , if his mom had told so.(Why should he do that anyway?)
4. After the scene, Khirad,Asher and Hareem leave the house to stay in another house. Asher's mom doesnt become mad , but ,yes, regrets her behaviour.
5. Asher tries his best to make Hareem and Khirad happy with his actions.
6. Asher discusses his jealousy and the way he behaved before 4 years. His actions were blinded by jealousy and hence he is suffering now. If only he had trusted her this wouldn;t have happened. He then confesses to her that , he always felt she was too good for him. And that's why he believed that she would leave him! If only he believed her love.
7. Khirad is seen slowly softening her stand towards Asher though some scenes. Like , if Asher falls sick, she still cares for him
8. Khirad also realises that she still loves him and forgives him.
9. All is well that ends well.
So how is my story?